directory-users mailing list archives

From Torgeir Veimo <torg...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: ldif export wordwraps?
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2008 02:26:03 GMT

On 10 Jan 2008, at 17:21, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:

> Torgeir Veimo wrote:
>> It looks like an LDIF export using Studio word wraps the LDIF file?
> yes.
>>
>> This causes import in Studio using the same file to fail,
> Which kind of failure do you get ?
>> eg. I see word wraps like
>>
>> epdprofinterests: Bank/finans/skatt
>> epdprofinterests::
>> QmVkcmlmdHPDuGtvbm9taS9JbnZlc3RlcmluZyBvZyBmaW5hbmlzZXJpb
>> mc=
>> epdprofinterests: Juridiske fag
> This is a perfectly legal LDIF file, FYI.
>
> If you can't import it, then there is a bug somwhere ...

I guess the problem is on my part. I have entries with multivalue
attributes like

epdtag: test
epdtag: experience
epdtag: information technology
epdtag: life, universe and everything
epdtag:
epdtag: hotshot
epdtag: programmer
epdtag: kimmsta

Notice the empty string attribute in there? It caused the import to
fail (with a #!ERROR Record is invalid"). Are those values allowed in
LDIF files? Removing that empty attribute ensures the import works.

--
Torgeir Veimo
torgeir@pobox.com