directory-users mailing list archives

From "Tony Thompson" <Tony.Thomp...@stone-ware.com>
Subject RE: 1.5 Schema
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2008 18:31:09 GMT
Using Directory Studio 1.0.1:

File > Import

+ Schema Editor
  > Schemas from OpenLDAP files

Click "Next"

Browse for directory where schema file is located, test.schema displays in the list of "Schema
files".

Check the box next to "test.schema".

Click "Finish".  At that point, nothing really happens.  I can click "Finish" until my mouse
is worn out.  The only thing I can do at that point is click "Cancel" and then everything
is screwed up.  When I restart Directory Studio, I get the error in my email yesterday.  I
have to clear out the .metadata directory and start over.

I have attached 2 screen shots so you can visualize what I am talking about.  I think the
list may be bouncing my email because of the attachments so I copied you directly.

Tony

-----Original Message-----
From: Emmanuel Lecharny [mailto:elecharny@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, January 25, 2008 12:53 PM
To: users@directory.apache.org
Subject: Re: 1.5 Schema

Tony Thompson wrote:
> Well, mine works with OpenLDAP.  Here is just one entry out of mine that I CAN'T import:
>
> attributetype ( 1.3.6.1.4.1.7807.10.4.93
> 	NAME 'swareHeight'
> 	SYNTAX 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.27
> 	SINGLE-VALUE
> 	)
>
> If I create a .schema file with just that one entry in it, I can't import it using the
studio.
> Tony

I just created a file name test.schema, containing exactly what you have pasted in your mail,
imported it into Studio, and exported it as a LDIF file (attached), everything went fine.

Can you tell me the exact way you proceeded ?

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org

may be monitored.

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/mixed (inline, 7-Bit, 0 bytes)
View raw message