directory-users mailing list archives

From "Tony Thompson" <Tony.Thomp...@stone-ware.com>
Subject Tying Apache DS 1.5.1
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2008 20:56:50 GMT
I am using Apache DS 1.5.1 and Apache Directory Studio 1.0.1.  I want to
load a custom schema in to the directory.  I already have my custom
schema defined in an OpenLDAP schema file so I was attempting to follow
these instructions:

http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/add-your-first-elements-to-the-
schema.html

When I click "Finish" to import my OpenLDAP schema file, nothing appears
to happen.  The disk grinds for a bit then nothing....the dialog stays
there.  I then click "Cancel" and when I try to open the schema view, I
get this error:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.directory.studio.schemaeditor.view.views.SchemaView
 at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLo
ader.java:402)
 at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLo
ader.java:347)
 at
org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(Defau
ltClassLoader.java:83)
 at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.loadClass(BundleLo
ader.java:278)
 at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.loadClass(BundleHost
.java:227)
 at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadClass(Abstra
ctBundle.java:1245)
 at
org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.createExecu
tableExtension(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:147)
 at
org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ExtensionRegistry.createExecutableExt
ension(ExtensionRegistry.java:759)
 at
org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElement.createExecutable
Extension(ConfigurationElement.java:243)
 at
org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElementHandle.createExec
utableExtension(ConfigurationElementHandle.java:51)
 at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPlugin$1.run(WorkbenchPlugin.java:242)
 at
org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:67)
 at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPlugin.createExtension(WorkbenchPlugin.
java:238)
 at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.registry.ViewDescriptor.createView(ViewDescripto
r.java:69)
 at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.ViewReference.createPartHelper(ViewReference.jav
a:292)
 at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.ViewReference.createPart(ViewReference.java:197)
 at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPartReference.getPart(WorkbenchPartRefe
rence.java:566)
 at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartPane.setVisible(PartPane.java:290)
 at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ViewPane.setVisible(ViewPane.java:525)
 at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.PresentablePart.setVisible(Present
ablePart.java:140)
 at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.PresentablePartFolder.select(
PresentablePartFolder.java:268)
 at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.LeftToRightTabOrder.select(Le
ftToRightTabOrder.java:65)
 at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.TabbedStackPresentation.selec
tPart(TabbedStackPresentation.java:394)
 at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.refreshPresentationSelection(PartStack
.java:1144)
 at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.createControl(PartStack.java:620)
 at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.createControl(PartStack.java:532)
 at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartSashContainer.createControl(PartSashContaine
r.java:562)
 at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.PerspectiveHelper.activate(PerspectiveHelper.jav
a:244)
 at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Perspective.onActivate(Perspective.java:815)
 at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.onActivate(WorkbenchPage.java:2436
)
 at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow$6.run(WorkbenchWindow.java:2616)
 at
org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:67)
 at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow.setActivePage(WorkbenchWindow.ja
va:2597)
 at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow.restoreState(WorkbenchWindow.jav
a:1982)
 at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.doRestoreState(Workbench.java:2857)
 at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$14(Workbench.java:2805)
 at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$19.run(Workbench.java:1681)
 at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runStartupWithProgress(Workbench.java:
1421)
 at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.restoreState(Workbench.java:1679)
 at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$12(Workbench.java:1650)
 at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$17.run(Workbench.java:1529)
 at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:37)
 at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.restoreState(Workbench.java:1473)
 at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchConfigurer.restoreState(WorkbenchConfig
urer.java:183)
 at
org.eclipse.ui.application.WorkbenchAdvisor.openWindows(WorkbenchAdvisor
.java:702)
 at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.init(Workbench.java:1085)
 at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:1847)
 at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:4
19)
 at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
 at org.apache.directory.studio.Application.run(Unknown Source)
 at
org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(PlatformActiva
tor.java:78)
 at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplicat
ion(EclipseAppLauncher.java:92)
 at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(Eclip
seAppLauncher.java:68)
 at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:
400)
 at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:
177)
 at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:336)
 at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:280)
 at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:977)
 at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:952)

Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

I thought maybe it was an issue in the file I am importing so I tried a
file that has just one attribute definition in it and it does the same
thing.

Thanks for any help.
Tony

may be monitored.