directory-users mailing list archives

From "Siva Kumar" <siva.ku...@onrelay.com>
Subject RE: Motivation of moving from OpenLDAP to ApacheDS WAS: Searching takes unrealistic time.
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2008 16:57:51 GMT
I am using OpenLDAP-Win32 version 2.2.29 by Lucas Bergman. (http://lucas.bergmans.us/hacks/openldap/)

What you are saying may be true on a Linux OS I believe.

Unfortunately, We are currently living(and have to) with windows platforms.

Regards,
Siva.

-----Original Message-----
From: Emmanuel Lecharny [mailto:elecharny@gmail.com]
Sent: 24 January 2008 16:12
To: users@directory.apache.org
Subject: Re: Motivation of moving from OpenLDAP to ApacheDS WAS: Searching takes unrealistic
time.

Siva Kumar wrote:
> The main problem often with OpenLDAP is the data corruption upon
> abrupt system restarts. We end up running the recovery scripts quit
> often. Also the slurpd data replication proves complicated to
> maintain. I am using OpenLDAP on the windows platforms. :-(

Well, I don't know which OpenLdap version you are using, but AFAIK, the latest versions are
far more robust ! Also you may consider switching from slurpd to syncrpl. Slurpd is considered
as deprecated :
http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/replication.html

PS : Not to say that you should not switch to ADS ;) Just to be sure that you get the real
facts about OpenLdap.

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com