directory-users mailing list archives

From "Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot" ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: directory studio & schema files
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2008 10:05:56 GMT
Hi Torgeir,

On 1/8/08, Torgeir Veimo <torgeir@pobox.com> wrote:

> Directory Studio seems to be very picky about the schema files when
> importing a schema, eg. it doesn't seem to like a DESC field with an
> empty string, ''.
>
> Is is possible to relax the schema strictness when importing?

You are right, we should relax it a little. Could you please file a Jira
issue about that ? Thanks.

Also, does anyone know any tool to validate and point out errors in schema
> files? Directory Studio silently halts the schema import without any
> logs anywhere that I can find when it encounters these problems..

You could try to have a look in the log file here
-> {home_folder}/.ApacheDirectoryStudio/.metadata/.log

This point will be fixed in the upcoming Apache Directory Studio
1.1.0release due at this end of this month. We will now indicate the
exact
location where the parsing has failed in the error box.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot