directory-users mailing list archives

From "Wayne Johnson" <wjohn...@mqsoftware.com>
Subject Accessing ApacheDS database directly
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2008 22:10:23 GMT
We've got ApacheDS embedded into our product and now it's time to start looking to the next
release.

In the next release we would like to be able to edit some of the data in the LDAP database
while doing an upgrade, however, since we're doing an upgrade, the database server shouldn't
be up because we're in the process of replacing files, etc.

How hard would it be to access the Database Backend directly.  How advisable is this?  Is
it a published API that would be somewhat stable, or are we hacking where we shouldn't.

Anyone have any hints on where in the source tree to look for these backend classes?

Thanks.

Wayne Johnson
Senior Software Engineer
MQSoftware, Inc.