directory-users mailing list archives

From Fu-Tung Cheng <futung.ch...@yahoo.com>
Subject Creating an organization in Jxplorer
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2008 19:32:08 GMT
Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to create an organization within the apacheds without modifying
server.xml.

I have tried using Jxplorer to create the organization but I get "Unable to modify" errors
with stack traces like the following.  In Jxplorer I right click on World and select new and
choose the (top, extensibleObject, organization) objects, set RDN to o=eightSeas,`leave Parent
DN blank, select ok and then submit and I get the following error.

Any help appreciated.

Fu-Tung

WARNING: error displayed to user: Unable to perform Modify operation.
javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: [LDAP: error code 32 - failed to add entry o=eightSeas:
o=eightSeas]; remaining name 'o=eightSeas'
        at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.mapErrorCode(LdapCtx.java:3010)
        at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(LdapCtx.java:2931)
        at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(LdapCtx.java:2737)
        at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.c_createSubcontext(LdapCtx.java:770)
        at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.ComponentDirContext.p_createSubcontext(ComponentDirContext.java:319)
        at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.PartialCompositeDirContext.createSubcontext(PartialCompositeDirContext.java:248)

Be a better friend, newshound, and