directory-users mailing list archives

From Fu-Tung Cheng <futung.ch...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [Feedback needed] ADS pros and cons ?
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2008 01:10:42 GMT
I am individual interested in the
 techno and planning to use apached as a default authentication mechanism in my webapp.

The pros for me are

1.  Runs anywhere a vm runs
2.  Written in java like my webapp, easier to look at the source if there is a problem
3.  Can be plugged in and plugged out (I could switch to a different ldap implementation just
by changing some parameters)

Future, I'd like it if I could easily bundle it with my webapplication and sample data that
is already in the ldap directory instead of having to populate it through the api.

Thank you for the great product!

Fu-Tung

----- Original Message ----
From: Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com>
To: Apache Directory Developers List <dev@directory.apache.org>; users@directory.apache.org
Sent: Monday, January 7, 2008 8:00:07 AM
Subject: [Feedback needed] ADS pros and cons  ?

Hi !

This is the very beginning of 2008, and we are all working hard to get
2.0 out in the next few months. At this point, we think it's a good
timing to get some feedback from you, users and developpers ! Here is a
short list of question you may answer, but this is very up to you. We
don't need names ( "I'm working for company XYZ" ), this is just
informational.

*Keep in mind that those informations will appear on the
Apache ML and many other, so if you think that any confidential piece
 of
it should not be disclose, then don't answer !*

1) What are you using ADS for ? Is it in production, used to do some
tests during developpement, or simply as a toy ?

2) What are the Pros and Cons you clearly see ?

3) What would be the major features or improvement you are expecting to
see in the near future ?

4) Are you a commercial entity, an non-for profit organization, an
Apache project, a student or an individual just interested in the
 techno
? (no name needed)

5) Any other opinion or feedback you would like to share with us ?

Thank you all for helping us being more aware !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org