directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 1.5 Schema
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2008 16:07:46 GMT
Hi Tony,

Tony Thompson wrote:
> Can anyone offer any help on how I can import a schema into 1.5?  I was
> hoping that custom schema would be a lot easier in 1.5
It is ...
> but that hasn't
> proven to be true so far.
Ok, I got the message :)
> The instructions on the web site don't seem
> to match up with the current Directory Studio tool and I am having
> issues (I sent an email on the error yesterday).
Yes, doco sucks a bit when it comes to 1.5. Sorry for that, we are
working on it.
>  Can I use the compiled
> schema JAR that I was using for 1.0.2 in my 1.5.1 install until I get
> the import issues worked out?
Short answer : nope
A little bit longer : we are storing the schema in LDAP in ADS 1.5, when
it was compiled and stored as java classes in 1.0
> If so, how?

You can't, but we have other ways to do that. Use Studio, you can import
a Schema file (openLdap format), and extract a LDIF file from it. Then
you will just have to import this LDIF file into the server.

Sadly, there is not that much doco which explain the full process...

PS : I would add one thing : if doc sucks, it's because we don't have
enough peeps and time to improve it. But this is something which can be
improved easily : we *do* accept contributions !!! And every night,
before I go to sleep, I light a candle in hope we get more ;) So feel
free to give us some feedback when you have successfully loaded your
schema into the server.

Thanks !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny