directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Motivation of moving from OpenLDAP to ApacheDS WAS: Searching takes unrealistic time.
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2008 16:12:16 GMT
Siva Kumar wrote:
> The main problem often with OpenLDAP is the data corruption upon abrupt system restarts.
We end up running the recovery scripts quit often. Also the slurpd data replication proves
complicated to maintain. I am using OpenLDAP on the windows platforms. :-(

Well, I don't know which OpenLdap version you are using, but AFAIK, the
latest versions are far more robust ! Also you may consider switching
from slurpd to syncrpl. Slurpd is considered as deprecated :
http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/replication.html

PS : Not to say that you should not switch to ADS ;) Just to be sure
that you get the real facts about OpenLdap.

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org