directory-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <ste...@labeo.de>
Subject Re: Motivation of moving from OpenLDAP to ApacheDS WAS: Searching takes unrealistic time.
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2008 15:23:39 GMT
Michael Decker wrote:
> But it would be intresting for me what your motivation to move to ApacheDS
> from OpenLDAP, because I wonder, if it would be chance to use OpenLdap
> instead of ApacheDS because of all their tools and scripts.

Which tools do you exactly mean? OpenLDAP does not provide UI tools
(afaik), but you can use Apache Directory Studio perfectly with both
ApacheDS and OpenLDAP. On the other hand, the command line tools
available for OpenLDAP work for ApacheDS as well (at least standard
things like ldapsearch etc.). All because LDAP is standardized on the
protocol level.

Greetings from Hamburg,
     Stefan