directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Searching takes unrealistic time.
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2008 15:04:02 GMT
Siva Kumar wrote:
> Hi

Hi,
>      We are using OpenLDAP currently and attempting to move to ApacheDS.
>
>      With 40K entries on my persons tree, my preferences api lookup
> takes enormous amount time. I have all the main attributes added on the
> index configuration on the server.xml.

Which kind of request are you issuing ? which filter are you using ?
>      Could anyone help.?

Sure :)
> 	How would I be able to work it out if my index configuration is
> really working?

Can you provide your server.xml file ?
>    	Why my search takes this longer? Compared to same entries on
> OpenLDAP its look unrealistic)

I guess you are not using index correctly (blind guess)
> 	Any optimization tips?

You can also increase the memory allocated to each element (entries and

Last, not least :
- Which version are you using ?
- O/S ?
- JVM ?
- memory ?

Note : When submitting a question, we really need more informations than
just a few sentences like 'it does not work', 'it takes an incredible
amount of time' or any vague description of your problem. As a rule of
thumb, just ask yourself : 'what if I was asked the very same
question?". Otherwise, your question is pretty much seen as a check to
see if someone is listening to you...

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com