directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Kerberos configuration with wrong user DN...
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2008 15:19:21 GMT
Hi Aleksandar !

Aleksandar Vidakovic wrote:
> Salut,
>
> just wanted to write a little follow-up concerning this thread:
>
> 1. ADS runs amazingly stable... ;-)
> 2. Configuration with JBoss container authentication, Liferay and
> Alfresco runs like a charm
>
> What does not work:
>
> It turned out that the Kerberos authentication in Alfresco is still not
> very stable; that's why the CIFS server does not work with ADS. I
> decided to use Webdav for Windows clients; and this works perfectly.
>
> ADS is running now for a week with no problems (ca. 10 users). In the
> near future we will serve more users... I'll post my experiences here.
>
> Thanks for this nice piece of software ;-)

Thanks for using it, and more important, to give us some feedback !

What would be interesting is to get a description of what you did to
have ADS working with Alfresco. Some of our users might be interested in
having a tutorial about it ( like what we have here for thunderbird :
http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.0/41-mozilla-thunderbird.html or
for tomcat : http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.0/42-apache-tomcat.html)
> Looking forward to the 2.0 release...

We are working on it :)