directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Feedback needed] ADS pros and cons ?
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2008 14:17:45 GMT
Thanks a lot for your feedback, Przemyslaw !

>> 2) What are the Pros and Cons you clearly see ?
>>

> Pros: simple to setup, simple to manipulate, small.
> Cons: maybe I have not checked carefully enough but some replication
> would be nice.

We have some muti-master replication capability in the server. It's not
really documented , but we have at least one of our committers who uses
it for real, so it might work well ! (I'm ashamed to say I personally
never tested replication ...).

May be we need to work more on this aspect, with is absolutly essential
for production servers. We know that's it's important, and we really
want to make it bullet-proof, that's for sure.

2.0 should be delivered with a complet and solid replication system.
(expected by Q2, 2008)

Hope it helps !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny