directory-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Submit button in Directory Studio
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2008 21:29:35 GMT
Hi Juergen,

Emmanuel Lecharny schrieb:
> Juergen Weber wrote:
>> I'd rather have a submit button, I simply feel better if I can review
>> what I have typed, especially if I edit several attributes at the same
>> time.
>>
> This is one of the most interesting idea ever ! Can you create a JIRA
> for it so that it does not get buried under the hundreds of mail we
> receive every week ?

Yes Juergen, please create a JIRA.

One more use case we need such a functionality is when changing the
objectclass of an entry and the new objectclass has additional required
attributes.

I have two ideas how to implement it:

1) a pause + a submit/commit + a rollback button. While paused all
changes are recorded and on submit they are submitted to the directory

2) a pop-up dialog like the "New Entry" wizard.

Kind Regards,
Stefan