directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: LDAP tutorial pointing to ApacheDS
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2008 08:16:16 GMT
Hi Ersin,

thanks for pointing this open book !

Ron has contacted us last year about his current proposal to work on a
LDAP guide, and we found the idea absolutly great, even if we didn't had
enough time to help him as we should have ...

Here, now it's online, it would be a great idea to help him by reviewing
the chapters. We should also try to fix what we don't support yet, like
TLS ;)

Thanks, Ersin, and Ron of course !

Ersin Er wrote:
> http://www.zytrax.com/books/ldap/
>
> "Once upon a time OpenLDAP was the only game in the Open Source town.
> It is still regarded as the LDAP reference implementation and remains
> an excellent system with many production implementations and actively
> developed. It is, however, no longer the only game in town. The
> ApacheDS (Apache Directory Server) project has reached a state of
> maturity which means it must now be taken seriously. Written in Java
> and with an embedded database-engine, TLS and fully LDAPv3 compliant
> and with some interesting ideas it is available natively on a wide
> range of platforms. All future versions of this guide will
> progessively introduce material describing the use of ApacheDS while
> continuing to document OpenLDAP."
>
> The site is also popular for its DNS guide (which has been published
> as a book also):
>
> http://www.zytrax.com/books/dns/

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny