directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Kerberos configuration with wrong user DN...
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2008 15:03:04 GMT
Aleksandar Vidakovic wrote:
> Emmanuel,
>
> does it make a difference if I'm using version 1.5.1 or 1.0.2 (except
> the obvious configuration differences)?

Well, 1.0 version is stable, but so stable that it's almost dead :) We
won't carry new modifications or improvement in this version which is
nearly 2 years old.

Version 1.5.1 is 'unstable' by mean it's a version on which we are
working, and adding new features. It's around 3 times faster than 1.0,
as far less bugs, and us much more easy to configure (especially when it
comes to extend the schema)
> Because I was using 1.5.1 and after reading the articles on the website
> a little bit more carefully it seems to me that 1.5.1 is some kind of
> developer version...

More or less, but we really think that it's much better than the 1.0
version. You have to know that we run all the 1.0 tests on te 1.5
version, and that we have more tests in 1.5 than in 1.0.

So, yes, it's a developper version, but as we have release, it's
considered as stable, except that we introduce new features in each
minor version (1.5.1 to 1.5.2, for instance).

This won't last forever, as we are migrating to 2.0 in the next few months.
> Thanks again...
>
> Cheers,
>
> Aleks

cordialement, regards,