directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [studio] directory studio & schema files
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2008 21:31:12 GMT
Alex Karasulu wrote:
>>> The thing is ApacheDS will not accept X-ORIGIN because
>>> this is specific to Netscape derived servers.
>>>
>> The thing is that it's not an LDIF file, but a schema. You have in the
>> latest RFC (4512) an 'extensions' keyword which has been added to
>> AttributeTypes and many other constructs, and we don't support those guys.
>>

> I thought our parsers supported extensions?  Stefan Seelmann had written it
> in I had thought.  See this file here:
>

> https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/directory/shared/trunk/ldap/src/main/antlr/schema-extension.g?revision=602936&view=markup

I have to double check this on our current implementation, but AFAIR,
this file concerns AttributeTypes injected through Ldap requests, not to
schema used to start the server. The shema plugin (which use the
openldap.g file) does not accept extension, I think.

Not 100% sure though ...

>> This is a clear problem, and we should fix it. It should not be complex,
>> just a matter of adding some new rule into the parser and a new member
>> into the classes which handles the objects.
>>

> Yeah exactly.  I was just confused about this grammar file.
>
> Alex

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com