directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [studio] directory studio & schema files
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2008 14:47:39 GMT
Alex Karasulu wrote:
> Schema extensions are server specific and optional.  Also the LDIF loader
> used by studio should load I think because the description is just an
> attribute value.
Exactly.
> The thing is ApacheDS will not accept X-ORIGIN because
> this is specific to Netscape derived servers.
The thing is that it's not an LDIF file, but a schema. You have in the
latest RFC (4512) an 'extensions' keyword which has been added to
AttributeTypes and many other constructs, and we don't support those guys.

This is a clear problem, and we should fix it. It should not be complex,
just a matter of adding some new rule into the parser and a new member
into the classes which handles the objects.

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org