directory-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Creating an organization in Jxplorer
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2008 21:22:06 GMT
Hi Fu-Tung,

you have to create your naming context (that is a partition in ApacheDS
speech) programatically. Please check out

http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.0/using-apacheds-for-unit-tests.html

section "Creating our own partition" and following.

BTW: Have you already tried to use Apache Directory Studio (
http://directory.apache.org/studio )? It also includes an LDAP Browser.

Kind Regards,
Stefan

Fu-Tung Cheng schrieb:
> Yes I was hoping to create a root naming context but it would be a sibling with the system
root naming context and I am not looking to rename anything I just want to create it.

> I am trying to use the apache ds war from
>
> http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.0/embedding-apacheds-as-a-web-application.html
>
> which doesn't have a server.xml file so I am not sure how I can go about creating the
data if I need to modify that file in order to create it.