directory-users mailing list archives

From Fu-Tung Cheng <futung.ch...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Creating an organization in Jxplorer
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2008 20:35:10 GMT
Yes I was hoping to create a root naming context but it would be a sibling with the system
root naming context and I am not looking to rename anything I just want to create it.

I am trying to use the apache ds war from

http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.0/embedding-apacheds-as-a-web-application.html

which doesn't have a server.xml file so I am not sure how I can go about creating the data
if I need to modify that file in order to create it.

Thank you for the response!

Fu-Tung

----- Original Message ----
From: Alex Karasulu <akarasulu@apache.org>
To: users@directory.apache.org
Sent: Friday, January 4, 2008 12:07:26 PM
Subject: Re: Creating an organization in Jxplorer

In the words of a NY City worker in some common burger joint, "We ain't
 got
no meat for that yo!". I kept asking for burgers and that's what she
 kept
telling me :-D.  That's for real.

OK seriously this is a root namingContext I guess.  Such a special
 entry
presently requires a change to the server.xml file to rename it only,
 but
not to modify it.

Bon appetite,
Alex

On Jan 4, 2008 2:32 PM, Fu-Tung Cheng <futung.cheng@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if it is possible to create an organization within
 the
> apacheds without modifying server.xml.
>
> I have tried using Jxplorer to create the organization but I get
 "Unable
> to modify" errors with stack traces like the following.  In Jxplorer
 I right
> click on World and select new and choose the (top, extensibleObject,
> organization) objects, set RDN to o=eightSeas,`leave Parent DN blank,
 select
> ok and then submit and I get the following error.
>
> Any help appreciated.
>
> Fu-Tung
>
> WARNING: error displayed to user: Unable to perform Modify operation.
> javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: [LDAP: error code 32 - failed to
 add
> entry o=eightSeas: o=eightSeas]; remaining name 'o=eightSeas'
>        at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.mapErrorCode(LdapCtx.java:3010)
>        at
 com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(LdapCtx.java:2931)
>        at
 com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(LdapCtx.java:2737)
>        at
 com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.c_createSubcontext(LdapCtx.java:770)
>        at
 com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.ComponentDirContext.p_createSubcontext(

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs