directory-users mailing list archives

From Fu-Tung Cheng <>
Subject Re: Creating an organization in Jxplorer
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2008 20:35:10 GMT
Yes I was hoping to create a root naming context but it would be a sibling with the system
root naming context and I am not looking to rename anything I just want to create it.

I am trying to use the apache ds war from

which doesn't have a server.xml file so I am not sure how I can go about creating the data
if I need to modify that file in order to create it.

Thank you for the response!

----- Original Message ----
From: Alex Karasulu <>
Sent: Friday, January 4, 2008 12:07:26 PM
Subject: Re: Creating an organization in Jxplorer

In the words of a NY City worker in some common burger joint, "We ain't
no meat for that yo!". I kept asking for burgers and that's what she
telling me :-D.  That's for real.

OK seriously this is a root namingContext I guess.  Such a special
presently requires a change to the server.xml file to rename it only,
not to modify it.

Bon appetite,

On Jan 4, 2008 2:32 PM, Fu-Tung Cheng <> wrote:

> Hi,
> I was wondering if it is possible to create an organization within
> apacheds without modifying server.xml.
> I have tried using Jxplorer to create the organization but I get
> to modify" errors with stack traces like the following.  In Jxplorer
 I right