directory-users mailing list archives

From "UdayaKiran Ala" <>
Subject Password updation at LDAP Apache DS is not effecting
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2007 08:12:18 GMT

 I'm trying to update the user password at LDAP. The password is updated.
But when I tried to access the user with the updated password the
authentication is failed, but I can able to login with the old pasword. But
when I restarted the APACHE DS, the changed password's are working. This is
an strange behaviour and this is happening only when I use APACHE DS as my

*For Example:* If I login with jstart/jstart, and enter a new password for
the user and submit, I get a message User updated successfully', but upon
logging out and trying to log in with that user I cannot authenticate with
the updated password. The old password is still working. It seems like the
password update didn't take effect. But when I see in LDAP by using LCAP
Studio the password is updated successfully at back end also.

Please let me know if you guys know how to resolve this issue.