directory-users mailing list archives

From "UdayaKiran Ala" <uday.mail...@gmail.com>
Subject Password updation at LDAP Apache DS is not effecting
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2007 08:12:18 GMT
Hi,

 I'm trying to update the user password at LDAP. The password is updated.
But when I tried to access the user with the updated password the
authentication is failed, but I can able to login with the old pasword. But
when I restarted the APACHE DS, the changed password's are working. This is
an strange behaviour and this is happening only when I use APACHE DS as my
LDAP.

*For Example:* If I login with jstart/jstart, and enter a new password for
the user and submit, I get a message User updated successfully', but upon
logging out and trying to log in with that user I cannot authenticate with
the updated password. The old password is still working. It seems like the
password update didn't take effect. But when I see in LDAP by using LCAP
Studio the password is updated successfully at back end also.

Please let me know if you guys know how to resolve this issue.

Thanks
Uday