directory-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <ste...@labeo.de>
Subject Re: Need help in performing SASL BIND with ApacheDS 5.1 using GSSAPI mechanism
Date Sat, 08 Dec 2007 12:13:14 GMT
Kashif Ali Siddiqui wrote:
> My environment is
> Client: RHES3, MozillaLDAP v6.0.4, Cyrus SASL 2.1.22
> Server: WinXP, ApacheDS 1.5.1
>
> At the step#18, I got the following error
>
>                _ldap_search: Unavailable critical extension
>                ldap_search: additional info: Unsupport critical
>                control: 2.16.840.1.113730.3.4.18_
>
> I will be thankful I someone kindly troubleshoot the problem here.

Your client asks for a control with the OID 2.16.840.1.113730.3.4.18,
which is "Proxied Authorization"
http://www.alvestrand.no/objectid/2.16.840.1.113730.3.4.18.html. The
client has marked it as critical, thus ApacheDS does bot perform the
search, because it simply does not support it.

How do you perform the search? Do you use a command line tool? If yes,
what is your exact command (options etc.)?

I hope this helps,
     Stefan