directory-users mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How do I disable schema checking?
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2007 17:44:57 GMT
Yeah we eventually must review this interceptor and make it so it
takes configuration parameters to ignore certain kinds of schema
checks.

Another option is to enable a X-DISABLE-CHECKS extensions on schema
elements like attributeTypes and objectClasses which are leveraged by
the schema interceptor to ignore checks on those elements.  This might
be better since it is in line with LDAP and also can be queried for to
see what the server is enforcing and what it is not enforcing.
However this will not cover all cases which will require additional
configuration information on how to control schema checking in a fine
grained manner.

IMHO the best thing to do is have configuration in the DIT, which is
replicated and is easy/fast to query which can expose all the
configuration parameters in combination with a tag on schema elements
using this X-DISABLE-SCHEMA checks schema extension.

Alex