directory-users mailing list archives

From "Martin Alderson" <Martin.Alder...@salfordsoftware.co.uk>
Subject Re: How do I disable schema checking?
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2007 17:11:16 GMT

Also note that the attribute types must be defined in the schema.
Removing the schema service will not help in this case as the partition
code relies on registered attribute types.

I have removed the schema service in my own project so it should be
do-able, but I have also removed other services and added a lot of other
hacks like a "loose" partition that doesn't care if the attribute types
are not registered.

Martin

--
Martin Alderson
Software Developer, Salford Software Ltd.

The leader in Identity Management Solutions

--
Important Information

This email is confidential and may contain privileged material. If you

are not the intended recipient then you must not copy it, forward it,
use it for any purpose, or disclose it to another person. Instead
please
return it to the sender immediately. Please then delete your copy from

your system.

Please also note that the author of this email cannot conclude any
contract on behalf of Salford Software Ltd by email.

Company Registered in England No. 2252625. VAT Reg. No. 519613442
Academic Enterprises. University of Salford, Salford. M5 4WT

Alex Karasulu wrote:
> Did we remove key functionality that would be needed in the
> SchemaService even if schema checking was not to be enabled.
Meaning
> don't we still need the schema service even if strict schema checks
> are not to be performed?

This is a good question ... What the SchemaService does is that it
checks the ObjectClasses hierarchy, the AttributeTypes hierarchy, the
missing MUST attributes. It also add some missing OC like 'top', or any

super-OC if they are missing, and check for AT which are not in the
MUST
and MAY lists.

So I _think_ that removing this interceptor should not have negative
impact if you only insert AT which are not in MAY or MUST. Otherwise,
you may get some bad NPE...
> Alex
>
> On Nov 15, 2007 4:55 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com>
wrote:

>> Hi Kris,
>>
>> you have a list of 'interceptors' into the server.xml file where you
can
>> disable the SchemaService interceptor :
>>
>>     <property name="interceptorConfigurations">
>>       <list>
>>         <bean

class="org.apache.directory.server.core.configuration.MutableInterceptorConfiguration">
>>           <property name="name" value="normalizationService" />
>>
>>         <!-- COMMENT THIS INTERCEPTOR
>>         <bean

class="org.apache.directory.server.core.configuration.MutableInterceptorConfiguration">
>>           <property name="name" value="schemaService" />
>>           <property name="interceptorClassName"

value="org.apache.directory.server.core.schema.SchemaService" />
>>         </bean>
>>         -->
>>       </list>
>>     </property>
>>   </bean>
>>
>> It should work well with 1.0 or 1.5. 1.5 is much better than 1.0,
more
>> stable, faster.
>>
>> --
>> --