directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How do I disable schema checking?
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2007 16:35:23 GMT
Alex Karasulu wrote:
> Did we remove key functionality that would be needed in the
> SchemaService even if schema checking was not to be enabled.  Meaning
> don't we still need the schema service even if strict schema checks
> are not to be performed?

This is a good question ... What the SchemaService does is that it
checks the ObjectClasses hierarchy, the AttributeTypes hierarchy, the
missing MUST attributes. It also add some missing OC like 'top', or any
super-OC if they are missing, and check for AT which are not in the MUST
and MAY lists.

So I _think_ that removing this interceptor should not have negative
impact if you only insert AT which are not in MAY or MUST. Otherwise,
you may get some bad NPE...
> Alex
>
> On Nov 15, 2007 4:55 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Kris,
>>
>> you have a list of 'interceptors' into the server.xml file where you can
>> disable the SchemaService interceptor :
>>
>>     <property name="interceptorConfigurations">
>>       <list>
>>         <bean
>> class="org.apache.directory.server.core.configuration.MutableInterceptorConfiguration">
>>           <property name="name" value="normalizationService" />
>>
>>         <!-- COMMENT THIS INTERCEPTOR
>>         <bean
>> class="org.apache.directory.server.core.configuration.MutableInterceptorConfiguration">
>>           <property name="name" value="schemaService" />
>>           <property name="interceptorClassName"
>>             value="org.apache.directory.server.core.schema.SchemaService" />
>>         </bean>
>>         -->
>>       </list>
>>     </property>
>>   </bean>
>>
>> It should work well with 1.0 or 1.5. 1.5 is much better than 1.0, more
>> stable, faster.
>>
>> --
>> --
>> cordialement, regards,