directory-users mailing list archives

From Kris Dover <Kris.Dover...@msd.govt.nz>
Subject How do I disable schema checking?
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2007 04:10:55 GMT
I read in an archived posting at
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/portals-jetspeed-user/200704.mbox/%3C8f089fd20704101055m6b419ec4j7ef153c6697bf778@mail.gmail.com%3E

that schema checking could be disabled in apacheds using a simple
configuration, although it is not recommended. Is this correct, and if
so, what version of apacheds (1.0.x or 1.5.x) supports this and how
exactly can this be done.

I am presently using the AbstractServerTest with apacheds 1.0.1 to do
some unit testing, but the LDIF file I would like to import into the
directory server has no predefined schema. The production server from
which it was exported has schema checking disabled because for the
nature of the of data does not warrant integrity checks and hence no
schemas were ever defined. And to compound the problem, the number of
schema-less attributes is too numerous to individually define as
BasicAttributes using dynamic schema creation.

Thanks,
Kris

 -------------------------------
 This email message and any attachment(s) is intended only for the
 person(s) or entity(entities) to whom it is addressed. The
 information it contains may be classified as IN CONFIDENCE and may be
 legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient any use,
 disclosure or copying of the message or attachment(s) is strictly
 prohibited. If you have received this message in error please
 notify us immediately and destroy it and any attachment(s).
 Thank you. The Ministry of Social Development accepts no
 responsibility for changes made to this message or to any
 attachment(s) after transmission from the Ministry.