directory-users mailing list archives

Subject Database Format Question in Upgrade from 1.0.2 to 1.5.1
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2007 18:23:08 GMT
First, thanks to the developers and the community for a great package.

Now, for my problem.  I've looked around the mailing list and the
documentation to no avail.  I've even Google'd for the error message I'm
seeing, but still haven't been able to find anything.  But, bear with me
if I've just missed it.

I recently decided to upgrade to v1.5.1 just to see if my original
problem I was experiencing was fixed in later releases.  This problem
would be that of hanging on shutdown when ApacheDS was started from a
web container per the advanced guide instructions
(http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.0/embedding-apacheds-as-a-web-application.html).

Anyway, the upgrade fixed it.  But another problem that I found is that
when I tried to load up the old versions partition configuration
directory, it came back with the following error:

Error starting DirectoryServer
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.directory.server.core.schema.SerializableComparator
    at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1359)
    at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1205)
    at java.io.ObjectInputStream.resolveClass(ObjectInputStream.java:604)
    at
java.io.ObjectInputStream.readNonProxyDesc(ObjectInputStream.java:1575)
    at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readClassDesc(ObjectInputStream.java:1496)
    at
java.io.ObjectInputStream.readOrdinaryObject(ObjectInputStream.java:1732)
    at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(ObjectInputStream.java:1329)
    at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:351)
    at jdbm.btree.BTree.readExternal(BTree.java:537)
    at
java.io.ObjectInputStream.readExternalData(ObjectInputStream.java:1792)
    at
java.io.ObjectInputStream.readOrdinaryObject(ObjectInputStream.java:1751)
    at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(ObjectInputStream.java:1329)
    at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:351)
    at jdbm.helper.Serialization.deserialize(Serialization.java:93)
    at jdbm.helper.DefaultSerializer.deserialize(DefaultSerializer.java:97)
    at jdbm.recman.BaseRecordManager.fetch(BaseRecordManager.java:341)
    at jdbm.recman.CacheRecordManager.fetch(CacheRecordManager.java:263)
    at jdbm.recman.CacheRecordManager.fetch(CacheRecordManager.java:242)
    at jdbm.btree.BTree.load(BTree.java:276)
    at
org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.impl.btree.jdbm.JdbmTable.<init>(JdbmTable.java:141)
    at
org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.impl.btree.jdbm.JdbmIndex.initTables(JdbmIndex.java:140)
    at
org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.impl.btree.jdbm.JdbmIndex.<init>(JdbmIndex.java:120)
    at
org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.impl.btree.jdbm.JdbmStore.setUpdnIndexOn(JdbmStore.java:713)
    at
org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.impl.btree.jdbm.JdbmStore.initCustomIndex(JdbmStore.java:219)
    at
org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.impl.btree.jdbm.JdbmStore.initIndices2(JdbmStore.java:348)
    at
org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.impl.btree.jdbm.JdbmStore.init(JdbmStore.java:454)
    at
org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.impl.btree.jdbm.JdbmPartition.init(JdbmPartition.java:115)
    at
org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.DefaultPartitionNexus.initializeSystemPartition(DefaultPartitionNexus.java:421)
    at
org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.DefaultPartitionNexus.init(DefaultPartitionNexus.java:248)
    at
org.apache.directory.server.core.DefaultDirectoryService.initialize(DefaultDirectoryService.java:1001)
    at
org.apache.directory.server.core.DefaultDirectoryService.startup(DefaultDirectoryService.java:255)
    at
org.apache.directory.server.core.jndi.AbstractContextFactory.getInitialContext(AbstractContextFactory.java:124)
    at
javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:667)
    at
javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:288)
    at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(InitialContext.java:223)
    at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(InitialContext.java:197)
    at
javax.naming.directory.InitialDirContext.<init>(InitialDirContext.java:82)

This would seem to indicate some kind of a problem in upgrading from the
1.0.x data format and the 1.5.x data format based on the change to jDBM
for the file format provider.  Is there a way to upgrade this to the new
format or am I just including the wrong library or something?

Thanks in advance for your help.

-Ben