directory-users mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Linking apacheDS with another LDAP server
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2007 09:18:31 GMT
Hi Mittal,

for such generic LDAP question, I would redirect you to some good LDAP books :
http://www.amazon.com/LDAP-System-Administration-Gerald-Carter/dp/1565924916
or
http://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Deploying-LDAP-Directory-Services/dp/0672323168/ref=pd_sim_b_2/002-2562815-8009610

because the answer could be way to long by mail.

Thanks for your interest !

On 10/11/07, Mittal, Nitin (US - Mumbai) <nimittal@deloitte.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am new to use of LDAP servers.
> Is it possible to link two LDAP servers in a way that my client doent need to search
both of them.

> My Requirement :-
> I have two LDAP servers. A user account information can be in either one of them.
> I don't want my client to be aware of all LDAP servers which it should search, in order
to find the user.
> The client should only be aware of one LDAP server as the base server which it is supposed
to query, however, if the user is not found
> in this base server, the search should automatically be extended to the other LDAP and
returns success if the user is found there.

> Is it possible to configure ApacheDS like this with any other LDAP server ?
>

> thanks,
>
> Nitin Mittal
> Technology Integration
> Deloitte Consulting Offshore Technology Group
>

> This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for
a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient,
you should delete this message.

> Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action
based on it, is strictly prohibited. [v.E.1]

--
Regards,
Cordialement,