directory-users mailing list archives

From "Brian Quirk" <bpqu...@gmail.com>
Subject [Studio] Extend Functionality Question
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2007 19:34:44 GMT
Good afternoon -

My project has a requirement to modify a user's group membership based on
values in a database. This process needs to run headless each time the user
logs into our system. The process is pretty straight forward: 1) query
database for the user's group information 2) modify the group(s) membership
in active directory 3) Log modifications.

I just installed Studio and connected to our active directory wo/ any issues
and really like what I see. So my question is: Can I extend (plugin?) Studio
functionality to query our database and then use Studio's add / delete
functionality to modify group membership? I'd need to be able to execute it
from the command line (as part of a login script). Does this make sense or
should I go another route entirely (JLDAP, for example).

Thanks in advance,
Brian