directory-users mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS 1.5.1] try to start default partition on Linux with port 389
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2007 15:44:24 GMT
Hi Markus,

Yes you're right about this being a permission issue.  Good catch!  I don't
know what it
would take to enable a non-root user to bind to a port below 1024 but we
have to figure
this one out to modify the installer.

Could you push a JIRA issue about this and we'll make sure we nip this in
the bud on
the next release.

This is a high priority issue since it prevents using the server on 389 and
probably on 636
with LDAPS.

Alex