directory-users mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Custom schema in 1.5.1
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2007 02:38:33 GMT
Do you know how to add schema to other LDAP servers with modify operations
on the schema
subentry?  This is one of the ways in which you can modify the schema of
ApacheDS which is
how it's done in a protocol standard manner independent of ApacheDS.

See if this helps you out at all. It should but the documentation team says
it's not complete:

http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/add-your-first-elements-to-the-schema.html

Also fire up ApacheDS 1.5 and take a look with Directory Studio under the
ou=schema area.  If
you're familiar with schema in LDAP in general then the organization of
entries in there should
make sense so you can intuit how to manipulate schema in other ways.

Hope this helps but if not feel free to come back and ask more questions.

Have fun,
Alex