directory-users mailing list archives

From "Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot" ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: [Studio] upper/lowercase {crypt} at beginning of userPassword
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2007 11:45:28 GMT
Hi,

I checked it and it seems using {crypt} is failing.

    /** The constant used for the crypt hash, value <code>CRYPT</code> */
>     public static final String HASH_METHOD_CRYPT = "CRYPT"; //$NON-NLS-1$

I  found this code in the Password class  (
org.apache.directory.studio.ldapbrowser.core.model.Password).

There's a test in the PasswordTest class for testing Crypt encrypted
password:

>     /**
>      *
>      */
>     public void testPasswordCRYPTEncrypted()
>     {
>         Password password = new Password( "{CRYPT}qFkH8Z1woBlXw" );
>
>         assertTrue( password.verify( "secret" ) );
>     }

I Added another one with lowercase 'crypt':

>     /**
>      *
>      */
>     public void testPasswordCRYPTEncrypted2()
>     {
>         Password password = new Password( "{crypt}qFkH8Z1woBlXw" );
>
>         assertTrue( password.verify( "secret" ) );
>     }

The first one passes, the second one fails.

Is there an RFC for this somewhere ?

Regards,
P-A