directory-users mailing list archives

From "Enrique Rodriguez" <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using local kerberos server with ApacheDS 1.5.1
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2007 21:06:57 GMT
On 10/17/07, carlopmart <carlopmart@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>   Is it possible to use a local kerberos server to authenticate users using
> ApacheDS as a repository id information like openldap does using sasl??

Hi,

I'm not sure what the exact topology is that you're asking about.
But, in any case, I think the answer is "yes."

1)  If you want to use ApacheDS' Kerberos provider, there is doco
under the INTEROP guide here.  See "Using ApacheDS providing Kerberos
Authentication ..." under:

http://cwiki.apache.org/DIRxINTEROP/

2)  If you want to use ApacheDS in a combined LDAP+Kerberos mode, you
can combine the Kerberos provider and the LDAP SASL GSSAPI
functionality using doco here:

http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/howto-do-sasl-gssapi-authentication-to-apacheds.html

3)  If you want to use ApacheDS as the Kerberos server but with
OpenLDAP's SASL GSSAPI support, you can start with the doco here:

http://cwiki.apache.org/DIRxINTEROP/kerberos-authentication-to-openldap-using-apacheds.html

There are a number of other modes I've gotten things working in, like
MIT Kerberos backed by LDAP or using Linux with PAM Kerberos or PAM
LDAP.  I may be able to point you in the right direction if the above
links weren't what you were looking for.

Enrique