directory-users mailing list archives

From "Mittal, Nitin \(US - Mumbai\)" <nimit...@deloitte.com>
Subject RE: Linking apacheDS with another LDAP server
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2007 11:14:13 GMT
Hi,

I have now understood the concept of referrals and chasing,
However I am struggling with creating a referral entry in my apacheDS
DIT,
because the documentation for creating referrals is still not available
on apacheDS website (maybe I can contribute something if I can get this
working)

1.))  I created an entry with following classes :- top, extensibleObject
and referral
However I am not sure about the format of value string for attribute
'ref'
I tried following formats :-

ldap://remoteserver:10389
ldap:remoteserver:10389
Remoteserver:10389

But looks like nothing works.
Can you please help me with the format of this information or point me
to an available documentation on creating referral entry using
LDAPStudio.

2.)) One more question here :- If a correct referral entry is made into
the DIT, Will the LDAP browser show me the children of the remote
context there itself or not ? (I am using LDAPStudio browser)

3.)) Do I need to turn this referral feature on somehow before working
on this ?

thanks,

Nitin Mittal
Technology Integration
Deloitte Consulting Offshore Technology Group
Tel: +91 22 6644-5745 (Direct)
Tel: +91 9323624353 (Mobile)