directory-users mailing list archives

From "Mittal, Nitin \(US - Mumbai\)" <nimit...@deloitte.com>
Subject Linking apacheDS with another LDAP server
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2007 06:35:45 GMT
Hello,

I am new to use of LDAP servers.
Is it possible to link two LDAP servers in a way that my client doent need to search both
of them.

My Requirement :-
I have two LDAP servers. A user account information can be in either one of them.
I don't want my client to be aware of all LDAP servers which it should search, in order to
find the user.
The client should only be aware of one LDAP server as the base server which it is supposed
to query, however, if the user is not found
in this base server, the search should automatically be extended to the other LDAP and returns
success if the user is found there.

Is it possible to configure ApacheDS like this with any other LDAP server ?

thanks,

Nitin Mittal
Technology Integration
Deloitte Consulting Offshore Technology Group

you should delete this message.

on it, is strictly prohibited. [v.E.1]