directory-users mailing list archives

From carlopmart <carlopm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using local kerberos server with ApacheDS 1.5.1
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2007 21:15:02 GMT
Enrique Rodriguez wrote:
> On 10/17/07, carlopmart <carlopmart@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>>   Is it possible to use a local kerberos server to authenticate users using
>> ApacheDS as a repository id information like openldap does using sasl??
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm not sure what the exact topology is that you're asking about.
> But, in any case, I think the answer is "yes."
>
> 1)  If you want to use ApacheDS' Kerberos provider, there is doco
> under the INTEROP guide here.  See "Using ApacheDS providing Kerberos
> Authentication ..." under:
>
> http://cwiki.apache.org/DIRxINTEROP/
>
> 2)  If you want to use ApacheDS in a combined LDAP+Kerberos mode, you
> can combine the Kerberos provider and the LDAP SASL GSSAPI
> functionality using doco here:
>
> http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/howto-do-sasl-gssapi-authentication-to-apacheds.html
>
> 3)  If you want to use ApacheDS as the Kerberos server but with
> OpenLDAP's SASL GSSAPI support, you can start with the doco here:
>
> http://cwiki.apache.org/DIRxINTEROP/kerberos-authentication-to-openldap-using-apacheds.html
>
> There are a number of other modes I've gotten things working in, like
> MIT Kerberos backed by LDAP or using Linux with PAM Kerberos or PAM
> LDAP.  I may be able to point you in the right direction if the above
> links weren't what you were looking for.
>
> Enrique

Hi Enrique,

  Thanks for your answers. I am refering to option 2: using ApacheDS as LDAP
server and on the same server where kerberos stays. And ... doesn't works. I
have do it all of howto explains but ... why apacheds needs to use port 88 like
point 12 explains?? I don't understand it because I already have a kerberos
server ...

--
CL Martinez
carlopmart {at} gmail {d0t} com