directory-users mailing list archives

From "Sura, Bhupesh" <Bhupesh.S...@us.widerthan.com>
Subject RE: [Spam] Re: Creating custom schema in ApacheDS-1.0.2
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2007 21:57:38 GMT

OK. Here are the issues that I found with creating custom schema.

1. The generated sources are trying to import the packages "org.apache.directory.server.schema.bootstrap.*"
which should be "org.apache.directory.server.core.schema.bootstrap.*"

2. The generated sources are trying to import the package "org.apache.directory.server.schema.registries.*"
which should be "org.apache.directory.server.core.schema.*"

3. All the producer classes implement the interface AbstractBootstrapProducer. They implement
the incorrect produce method signature. It should be
    /**
     * @see BootstrapProducer#produce( BootstrapRegistries, ProducerCallback )
     */
    public void produce( BootstrapRegistries registries, ProducerCallback cb ) throws NamingException

instead of the generated
    /**
     * @see BootstrapProducer#produce( Registries, ProducerCallback )
     */
    public void produce( Registries registries, ProducerCallback cb ) throws NamingException

4. The generated sources has code something like
    UsageEnum.getUsage( "USER_APPLICATIONS" )  which should be
    UsageEnum.getUsage( "USERAPPLICATIONS" )

5. Finally the ApacheDS-1.0.2 is expecting a 'XxxStateFactoryProducer' class which is not
being generated. Currently, the ApacheDS fails to start with a class not found exception for
that class.

Has anyone recently aded a custom schema to ApacheDS-1.0.2 on windows platform?
Am I doing something wrong here?

Bhupesh.