directory-users mailing list archives

From "Olivier Schmitt" <schm...@metaintegration.net>
Subject RE: Logging LDAP requests
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2007 21:59:26 GMT
Hi Alex,

I just changed the level of trace from INFO to DEBUG like this:
log4j.logger.org.apache.directory.server.ldap=DEBUG
#General Frontend Handling
log4j.logger.org.apache.directory.server.ldap.support.bind=DEBUG
#For SASL binds
log4j.logger.org.apache.directory.server.ldap.support.BindHandler=DEBUG
#For Simple binds
log4j.logger.org.apache.directory.server.ldap.support.SearchHandler=DEBUG

And I can now see the incoming messages in the log file.
Thanks!

Olivier

-----Original Message-----
From: akarasulu@gmail.com [mailto:akarasulu@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Alex
Karasulu
Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2007 12:15 PM
To: users@directory.apache.org
Subject: Re: Logging LDAP requests

Hi Olivier,

On 10/9/07, Olivier Schmitt <schmitt@metaintegration.net> wrote:

> Thanks for the tips, I have put this in my config file, but it doesn't
> seem
> to be working correctly.
> Yes, I am using WinXP, do you think there are issue with log4j
> specifically
> on windows?

Yeah I'm afraid there might be.  Perhaps the log4j.properties configuration
is not
being picked up by how the installer is setting things up to point the
server to it's
home directory.  Hence the reason why your configuration changes are not
being
felt.

Chris you have any ideas on what could be going on in Windows with correctly
picking up the right log4j configuration from the install home?  Perhaps
Olivier is
not configuring the right log4j.properties in the proper server instance?

Thanks,
Alex