directory-users mailing list archives

From "Olivier Schmitt" <>
Subject Logging LDAP requests
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2007 01:07:11 GMT
Hello all,

I am a new user of Apache Directory Server 1.5, and so far I love it!
It is pretty easy to use and configure, and the Studio UI is nice too.

Now, I am trying figure out why my business app cannot connect to it.
In order to better understand what is going wrong, I would like to enable
logging of LDAP requests coming into the server.
As recommended on the page
I tinkered with the logging parameters, but could not find appropriate level
of detail I am interested in, it would report either nothing, or a huge lot
of things I cant make sense of.

Is there a simple way to set the logging to display something like this?
- LDAP server received BIND request (+details of bind request)
- LDAP server received SEARCH request (+details or search request)

View raw message