directory-users mailing list archives

From "Kevin Bortis" <wer...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: apple address book unable to connect to the ldap server
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2007 07:58:39 GMT
Ok, I run ApacheDS Version 1.5.1, Thunderbird version 2.0.0.6. I
configured Thunderbird exactly the same as in the User's Guide. I
modified only the hostname to localhost and tested some values for
Bind DN, which I think is the line for user authentication.

I tested values like:
- username(uid)
- uid=admin,ou=system
- cn=Thomas Quist,ou=system,o=sevenSeas

For apple's Address Book.app I tested:

Server: localhost
Search Base: ou=people,o=sevenSeas
Port: 389 ( I run ADS as root and have changed the port to this )
Scope: Subtree ( Can also be: Base or One Level )

Authentication
User name: tquist
password: test ( The password I have setup for tquist in ADS Studio )
Auth Type: Simple ( It's the only possibility )

But I don't really know what I have to set in. In google I haven't
found additional useful info's.

Regards Kevin