directory-users mailing list archives

From "Kevin Bortis" <wer...@gmail.com>
Subject apple address book unable to connect to the ldap server
Date Thu, 13 Sep 2007 23:58:46 GMT
Hy,

I have setup the ApacheDS according to the Basic Users's Guide. I have
not enabled the anonymous access option.

The Organization Seven Seas was created and the sample ldif imported.
Port was set to 389.

With the command:

ldapsearch -x -h localhost -p 389 -b "o=sevenSeas" -D
"uid=admin,ou=system" -w adminsPassword "(objectClass=*)"

There is no problem to list all the entries, but with apple's address
book and Thunderbird, I'm not able to connect to the server. The log
doesn't show something useful to me.

If hope someone can help. Note, that this is my first LDAP setup.

Regards Kevin