directory-users mailing list archives

From "Ersin Er" <ersin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ApacheDS as replacement for OpenLDAP
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2007 07:25:06 GMT
On 9/18/07, Wilhelm Meier <wilhelm.meier@fh-kl.de> wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> we are using OpenLDAP as the main user-repository together with
> Linux-PAM and Samba. All authentication is done via ldap.
>
> I wonder if it would be possible to replace the OpenLDAP with ApacheDS
> in the first place. Later on I would like to make use of triggers in
> ApacheDS.

Cool!

We are using the smbk5pwd-overlay to keep the different
> password-hashes (samba / PAM) in sync. Is something similar
> neccessary / possible with ApacheDS?

I think we do not have such a service yet but it's easy to implement one
with Triggers! :) It's also possible to implement it as an Interceptor as we
have already done for Kerberos.

Is there any documentation / howto to use ApacheDS in such an

--
Ersin Er
http://www.ersin-er.name