directory-users mailing list archives

From Ben Madsen <bmad...@ecbridges.com>
Subject Re: Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 and ADS
Date Thu, 13 Sep 2007 04:34:12 GMT
Just to rule out a basic possibility... Thunderbird doesn't, by default,
query an LDAP server unless you start typing something in the search
box.  Can you type something in the search box and see if it finds
anything?  It could take a couple of characters, I can't remember what
the fewest is, but I definitely remember Thunderbird having this
design.  I guess the thinking is that it shouldn't auto-search an LDAP
server because the LDAP addressbook could contain thousands of
addresses, overwhelming the client in both bandwidth and sheer volume of
unnecessary information.

Hope this helps.

-Ben

Benjamin Madsen