directory-users mailing list archives

From "Nathan Beyer" <ndbe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] How do you install 1.5.1 from tar.gz?
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2007 02:07:54 GMT
Thanks.

Just as an FYI, that's not what I read in the documentation at all
[1]. It says there are two possibilities for installing on Linux (then
lists three) - debian package, rpm package and JAR package. Then the
next section is titled "Using the jar file" and says run the following
command "java -jar apacheds-1.0.0-linux-i386-setup.jar" and then says
"Now, you'll see a graphical installer displayed.". There are 'setup'
JARs for 1.0.x, but apparently these were abandoned for 1.5.

Again, just an FYI, so someone can update the documentation for "new
users" that come for 1.5 directly.

[1] http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/13-installing-and-starting-the-server.html#1.3.Installingandstartingtheserver-InstallingonLinux