directory-users mailing list archives

From J-C Walmetz <jc7...@yahoo.fr>
Subject ApacheDS on Windows vs Microsoft ADAM
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2007 19:15:08 GMT
Hi,

I currently uses Microsoft ADAM from a JBoss
application server to manage my authentication. I'd
like to know if I can find some comparison between
this two directory system ?

I have several way to use ADAM, is it possible to do
the same with apacheDS:
1- My system is not connected to enterprise active
directory, but I have several Adam and I use a
multi-master replication. With Adam, I am not able to
replicate only a part on the directory (I do not want
to replicate some OU). Is it possible to do
replication between apache DS ? Is it possible to
replicate only a part of the directory ?

2- My system is synchronized with enterprise active
directory. Users and password are checked against AD,
in ADAM I just have a proxy for the user. Is is
possible to synchronize ApacheDS with an active
directory ? Is it possible to have proxy on AD user in
order that password will be updated immediately in the
pplication when user change its password ?

3- With ADAM on windows XP I can not define a security
policy (expiration of password after 3 login failure,
complexity of password, ...). Is it possible to define
a security policy in ApacheDS ?

4- ADAM is not Java. I have found not solution in
order that connected user in the application has its
rights on windows resources such as printer, disks,
.... I suppose that I should find a solution to connect
my Java servlet session to windows. Is there such
features in ApacheDS ?

That's a lot of questions ... Is there some usefull
web pages I can consult for that kind of issues ?