directory-users mailing list archives

From "George Stoianov" <gstoyan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: LDAP Filter general question
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2007 10:08:24 GMT
Thanks Emmanuel. Yes it does help, now I do not have to waste my time
searching for something like that :). I will have to build it or find
another way. A lot of data maintenance tasks are very much helped by
the relation capabilities of a database unfortunately ldap servers
require processing of records in a one by one fashion. In my case I
have to identify problematic records that should contain similar data
in 2 independent attributes of the same object, to do that I have to
pass the object's identifier retrieve all attribute values and compare
them we are talking 100 000 +. Compared to sql I can write a query
that will go ahead do the comparison and bring back the results that I
am looking for it can even do the updating for me ... for my scenario
much better :), oh well that's life ;)

Thank you again.
George