directory-users mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: LDAP Filter general question
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2007 22:12:44 GMT
Hi George,

i'm not sure to understand your question about filters. I'm afraid
that you can't filter a request using the result of the first request,
as you can with a SELECT request on a database. Such request as :

SELECT xxx FROM table yyy WHERE column in ( SELECT zzz ....) is not
possible in LDAP.

I have no idea if there is a tool which helps converting a LDAP tree
to a DB schema.

What I would add is that if you try to think 'relational' when using a
LDAP server, which is intrinsicly hierarchical, then you are in a dead
end...

Hope it helps.

--
Regards,