directory-users mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] How i can get a list of entries with an specific attribute from ApacheDS?
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2007 20:46:50 GMT

Thank you for reference, I tried to study it and I can not understand
> what does this line means.
> *  env.put(Context.SECURITY_CREDENTIALS, "pass");*
> what is exactly "pass" means?  is it the alias for certification that we
> put into keystore.jks?

You're setting up the password of the user to be "pass" to attempt to
connect to the server as that user.

Although we would be happy to handle obscure quesitions on occation about
JNDI, this list is not about JNDI and your question shows little or no
understanding of JNDI.

I recommend you look into buying a book on how to use JNDI or use the
JNDI tutorial links that Emmanuel pointed to you and play with the API.
will help you understand the code.