directory-users mailing list archives

From Brian Wallis <brian.wal...@infomedix.com.au>
Subject stop and restart embedded server (1.0.2)
Date Sun, 26 Aug 2007 23:35:28 GMT

G'day,
   I'm attempting to build some testcases that use multiple ldap
servers and want to test failure scenarios.

I am starting up three apacheds instances on different ports and then
I want to stop and restart them as required for the various test
scenarios. I cannot work out how to do this. I am using the following
to stop the servers and it does seem to stop them.

     Hashtable env = new Hashtable();
     env.putAll(new ShutdownConfiguration
(instanceName).toJndiEnvironment());
     env.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "ou=system");
"org.apache.directory.server.jndi.ServerContextFactory");
     env.put(Context.SECURITY_PRINCIPAL, "uid=admin,ou=system");
     env.put(Context.SECURITY_CREDENTIALS, "secret");
     new InitialDirContext(env);

but I cannot work out how to restart the server again.

What I really want to do is just stop it from listening on its port
and the re-enable it.

thanks,
brian wallis...